February 2, 2014

Teach Your Kids...

A portion of an article I found here: https://infoforfamilies.squarespace.com/blog/2013/12/21/pagan-kid-part-2-five-keys-to-launch-your-kid-with-a-faith-that-lasts#.Uu8LK_ldWSp

Teach Your Kids to Daily Submit Themselves to God

Perhaps the thing that is missing in most of our Christian homes is a fundamental realization that our lives are no longer our own. We have been bought with a price, so our daily pledge must be: "He died for me. I will live for Him."

That means helping your kids to lay down their wants in order to serve and bless the people with whom they live, work and play.


Confessions of a Single Mom: Entry #437
When I get home from work I am TIRED. And there is still dinner, and laundry and homework and, and, and....I am alone In it. I suppose they are learning some service through chores, but I have mom-guilt. How to teach them to serve, when I don't serve? For goodness sake, I host women's bible study at my house, not for any saintly reason, but because that way I'll be there. When it's not at my house...I don't go. There's always some reason, some legit...some excuses. (Sigh) I do want to serve at the community shelter and for the National Suicide Hotline and make meals for moms with new babies...and I don't. I'm just too stinkin' exhausted all of the time. And when I do have the energy I'm playing "catch up." Okay...sometimes when I'm in high gear I commit to all things great and small....but then I have a panic attack when the tide turns.

Yes, God willing, there will be time later...but they'll be grown and I worry I won't have taught them a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment