April 20, 2010

When the World Turned Upside Down

October 24, 2009. The day my world turned upside down.

Since that day, I have discovered something that I never knew. I have true friends.

I mean REAL friends. The kind that say you can call at 2:30 in the morning just to talk, and they have their cell phone right by the bed in case you do. The kind that will call you every morning just to "check in" and make sure you're okay. The kind that will spend the night with you when you just can't be alone and make it into a "fun sleepover." I had kept people at arms length for so long, that I am still amazed by their love. I hope that everyone can experience that kind of face to face love during their lifetime. I know it has changed me in a way that nothing else could.

No comments:

Post a Comment