April 20, 2009

And So It Begins.......

I am taking the plunge. I've finally decided to blog with a bit of fear and trepidation. My mind is all over the place, so I presume will the blog be. As a way of introduction I'll tell you a little about myself.

I was raised in a God-believing, non-Christian home and came to understand a personal relationship with Jesus Christ at the age of 18 through discipleship by a staff member of InterVarsity Christian Fellowship during my freshman year of college.

I majored in psychology and journalism because I wanted to be both a writer and a counselor and as a homeschool mom I'm living the dream! I minored in business because my mother said business was more practical. (I didn't like any of my business classes...sorry Amy and Pete)

I like run-on sentences because that's how I think........... If I ever publish anything I will need a great editor!

I am a wife of 19 years, I have 4 fantastic children who are all so different from each other that it makes my head spin. We have one dog. 'Nuf said on that for now. (My carpets are being cleaned as I write.)


I recently turned 40 and am enjoying the freedom to think about who I am and how I got here. You may see some of my musings on this subject. Be patient because I process my thoughts through writing.

I'm reading:
Spiritual : The Bible (A study of Esther) & Together We Can
Political: Crunchy Cons
Health: Everyday Raw

A personal dream is to own a small, quaint bookstore with cosy nooks to curl up and read. I would have local authors come in for book signings, host poetry readings and book clubs, healthy living seminars. All on a small scale so folks can really connect. I don't know whether that can happen in the age of Amazon.com (a personal favorite), Borders and Barnes and Noble....but it's still a nice dream, don't ya think?

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Kate! Welcome, welcome, welcome to the wonderful world of Bloggyland! Love the header and colors you've chosen.

    By the way, I'll be your first customer at the book shop. It sounds like the most lovely little place. "Mrs. Mac's Book Shack" - I know you are a "Mc" and not a "Mac", but it just worked for the rhyme. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow -- great intro post! I'm so glad to get to read more of your thoughts, etc... And, don't worry -- I agree that most business classes are boring! :) (just hopefully not mine)

    ReplyDelete