April 30, 2009

Life in General





Today was a mixture! Anyone else have days like that?

I woke up raring to go, went to workout, home, showered and ready to begin our schoolwork. Our school day was moving right along until Kendall began breaking out in hives ALL OVER HER BODY! Can you say, "Amoxicillin?" Well her sinus infection will have to find an alternative treatment and in the meantime she had to go to ballet for pictures and rehearsal this evening. Have you ever seen what heat does to hives? It isn't pretty!

On the other hand, I found a few quiet moments this afternoon to work on some "center" ideas for my younger boys. I always get a little more creative in the Spring. We're all bored with the same old stuff. This afternoon we all brushed up on our addition and subtraction facts by playing a rousing game of "Board Slam" and then moved on to our HUGE World Map floor puzzle. Laying on the floor asking the 6 year old to show me.....the geographical location of choice. Lots of fun!

Oh and this week, Matthew finally learned to ride a two-wheel bike and in his own words:

"See, I told ya I could do it and I NEVER fall!" (Ah hem...son, I believe WE told YOU that you could do it, but lets not confuse ourselves with the facts)

No comments:

Post a Comment