April 20, 2009

Together We Can! What I'm learning today...

My sweet friend, Katy, gave me this book of compiled stories by Aretta Loving.

Here is a description of the book:

God tells His people throughout history to remember what He has done~to worship Him for His mighty acts and be encouraged to take the next steps of faith. "Together We Can!" records the kind of stories we must remember:

  • We work best when we work together-our diversity, working in harmony, glorifies God, whose unity and wholeness we reflect.


  • The power of God's Word to transform the life of an individual, as well as the life of a community, knows no political, economic or cultural boundaries.


  • When god call us to be His hands, feet and voice to people in every corner of the earth, He faithfully supplies all we need to enable us to obey Him.
This book is challenging me to live beyond myself. Isn't that what God intends for all of us? To get"me" out of the way and seek Him? To care for others, more than myself? Easier said than done and only "done" in His strenghth. We can "do good things" for a little while on our own strength, but the time will come when we pull back, can take no more, can watch other's pain no longer, become angry........and then He is there.

No comments:

Post a Comment