April 20, 2009

Overcoming the Spirit of Meanness



This afternoon was Bible Study time with the gals. We meet once a week and are studying the book of Esther using Beth Moore's Study Guide. While I don't have time right now to share all of the wisdom that was imparted to me today, I do want to share a few thoughts that I am going to ponder and pray about this week:

The spirit of meanness always has a history and perceives a threat. I am going to pay close attention to the relationships in my life this week and see when I begin to "feel a threat". What is behind the feeling/perception? Comparing myself? feeling judged? I'm also going to see how others react to me and remember that because meanness always has a history, I must seek to see behind the act and into the heart of those around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment